Coalition for Open Education and EBIB Association – the main organizers of Open Access Week in Poland, reported the following initiatives related to the celebration of Open Access Week in the country.
- Nicolaus Copernicus University Library and E-Learning Center of Akademia Gorniczo-Hutnicza – University of Science and Technology – will launch an Open Access – Open Science e-learning course for Polish scientific community developed by Bożena Bednarek-Michalska and Karolina Grodecka with financial support from EIFL.
- Akademia Gorniczo-Hutnicza will release a national Open Access Week poster (editor: Karolina Grodecka), that will be reused by libraries all over the country.
- Nicolaus Copernicus University will launch an e-learning course „Copyright for Librarians” translated and updated to the Polish legislation from online open curriculum on copyright law developed by EIFL jointly with Harvard’s Berkman Center for Internet and Society. Editors of Polish course: Beata Marek and Dr Monika Wałachowska.
- Poznan Foundation of Scientific Libraries will organized a seminar at the Poznan University of Medical Sciences (organized by prof. Miroslaw Górny).
- EBIB Association will publish a special issue of the Bulletin EBIB Open Science and Open Education (Editor: Bożena Bednarek-Michalska).
- Pedagogical Library of Państwowa Wyższa Szkoła Zawodowa w Gorzowie will release a poster and leaflets about Open Acces Week and will organize workshops for students and librarians.
- The Library of the University of Łódź will host an Open Access (OA) meeting on October 28. Organizer: Aleksandra Brzozowska.
- The Library of the Politechnika Częstochowska will organize a seminar „Open Access is the key to transparency in the science” October 25-26.
- The Library of Politechnika Gdańska will organize open lecture for academics. Organizer – Magdalena Szuflita.
- The Open Science Centre ICM UW invites for seminar „Open Access nad digital competences for humanists”. 28 October, 16.30 in the Instytut of Polish Culture UW. Organizer: Klaudia Grabowska.
- The Libraray of Politechnika Warszawska prepared leaflet of OAW: http://www.bg.pw.edu.pl/OAW.ht
ml. It will be presented on the library www pages, given to scientists and librarians of Politechnika. Organizer: Olga Giwer.
- Biblioteka Dolnośląskiej szkoły Wyższej prepared interviews (in the form of podcasts) with the staff of the School, published leaflets about searching open access content and the opportunities for authors concern OA. It also organized training on Open Educational Resources.
The organizers encourage other organizations in the country to take actions to promote Open Access to research outputs. (Polish version)
Bożena Bednarek-Michalska, EBIB
Karolina Grodecka, KOED